24 January 2020

24 January 2020


 24 January 12020 is C. L. Moore’s birthday. Catherine Lucille Moore was a prolific fantasy and science fiction writer from the thirties through the fifties, her work appearing in Weird Tales and Astounding Science Fiction among other less well-known outlets. She frequently collaborated with her husband Henry Kuttner; it was a book of their short stories, A Gnome There Was, that first alerted me to the existence of the genre in the late summer of 1961, just before I started fifth grade.
I’m sorry, but I don’t feel much like writing anything at the moment, which is why I’m posting these prepared shells rather than finished items. All my energy has been leached away, and I feel like—well, I don’t know what I feel like, but it isn’t good. When I’m not coughing and sneezing I’m sleeping, or lying awake in a dark room too tired to move and wondering why I’m still alive. I’ve definitely been sicker than this, but I’m not having a good time of it, and I’ve often felt better.

No comments:

Copyright © 2005-2023

StatCounter