14 July 2017

Sufficient Unto the Day Are the Horrors Thereof


W
ell, it looks like the Daily Howler screwed up again, mistakenly identifying an overgrown blog entry as a peer-reviewed scientific paper. And there appears to be confusion over the fate of the self-proclaimed caliph, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, who apparently has died once again. (I’ll believe it when I see his head on a pike in some suitably public venue, thank you very much.) And houses in Florida are disappearing into sinkholes for whatever unholy reason. Arab citizens of Israel murdered two police officers at the Temple Mount, Turkish authorities continued purging government workers, Liu Xiaobo was cremated in China, and two tourists were murdered at an Egyptian resort.
And these are merely the headlines. Allah knows what horrors I would find if I read the actual stories attached to them. When ignorance is bliss, as they say, ’tis folly to be wise. For the moment I believe I’ll cling to my ignorance with both hands, thank you very much. Maybe tomorrow will bring better headlines.

No comments:

Copyright © 2005-2023

StatCounter