26 August 2007

Adnan Oktar is a First-Class Idiot

Actually I don't know and I don't care who Adnan Oktar is. It is enough for me that he is an anti-Semite, a Holocaust denier, and a Creationist. That makes him a first-class idiot in the books of any rational person. For all I know he may well be an extortionist, blackmailer, rapist, and pedophile, as charged on various websites. His actions show that he's got something to hide, anyway. But fundamentally I don't care. This Oktar guy is nothing to me. I've never said anything about him in the past, and I don't intend to comment on him in the future, unless he does something idiotic enough to draw my attention.

So my question is, why did this clown have the Turkish government block access to my Fake History site (on Wordpress) in Turkey? It isn't even in Turkish, for god's sake.

Although I have yet to receive a personal reply (and don't expect one) from the Turkish government, the idiots responsible have issued a press release on the subject:
The reason of this suspention, is that the limitlessly enable to illegal publications of the mentioned blog service, not taking to notice about the suspention of the applications and ignoring the judgements that are given by the Turkish courts related to the suspention of known sub-sites. The free and uncontrolled opportunities provided by the mentioned service are directed baleful people to this service and in a short time wordpress.com is returned to the voice and publication center of separatist-disastrous ideologies, private hostilities, illegal targets.
I will state outright that the Turkish government should reconsider its foolish and dangerous decision. For it to take such a serious step for so light and frivolous a reason--and at that, at the behest of someone who appears to be a leader of a criminal cult--makes me doubt that Turkey is ready to take its rightful place in the modern world. Does it really want to be counted with the Chinese, the Pakistanis, or the Thais, as opponents of free speech?

For anybody who wonders what the charges against Adnan Oktar are check out this site. If you're interested in his crackpot views, this is a good place to start.

No comments:

Copyright © 2005-2023

StatCounter