18 March 2020

18 March 2020


 18 March 12020 is National Anthem and Flag Day in Aruba, Cheikh Al Maarouf Day in Comoros, and Soldiers’ Day in Mongolia, according to Time and Date dot com. I’d probably check up on them if I weren’t so bored and stressed out. The saint of the day is Cyril of Jerusalem, the fourth century (10300s) bishop who got himself deposed for selling off expensive gifts to the church to pay for food for the starving. (He was reinstated.) And it’s likely to be JD 2458926, 22 Adar 5780, 9 Paremhat 1736, and 23 Rajab 1441, unless I’ve lost count.
Yesterday was not a good day; I spent it chasing toilet paper (we’re out) and other necessities, with mixed success. There are many substitutes for what my store calls bath tissue, none of them particularly good, but they have the cardinal virtue of being available. First World Problems, I guess. Seventeenth century book pages are surprisingly soft, by the way—a word to the wise. Golden Age comics are a bit brittle for general use though.

No comments:

Copyright © 2005-2023

StatCounter